2. Slice capsicum, halve cherry tomatoes and slice spring onions into 4cm lengths. Add to tray (after 15 minutes), drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and roast for further 10 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender.
3. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat. Rub steaks with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or to your liking. Set aside on a plate to rest, keep pan over low heat.
4. Add 2 tbsp butter to pan. Whisk in 1 tbsp mustard, 3 tsp cornflour and 1 cup water until smooth. Drain and rinse peppercorns, add to pan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until thickened. Season to taste with salt.
5. Trim watercress and slice avocado. Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil.
6. Serve roast vegetables and steak with peppercorn sauce and a side of salad.
Add the steak resting juices to the sauce to enhance the flavour.
Dress the watercress salad with vinegar or lemon juice if desired.
butternut pumpkin 1
red capsicum 1
cherry tomatoes 1 punnet
spring onions 1/4 bunch
beef rump steak 600g
peppercorns 1/2 jar (55g)
watercress 1 bunch
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), butter, salt, pepper, dijon mustard, cornflour