2. Slice cucumber, pear and celery. Toss together with rocket leaves.
Whisk together 1/2 tbsp balsamic with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Use a stick mixer or blender to pureé the cauliflower until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Thinly slice spring onions and stir through.
4. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat. Rub steaks with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or to your liking. Remove from pan to rest.
5. Reduce pan heat to low. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 crumbled stock cube and 1 1/2 tbsp flour. Whisk in 1 1/2 cups water until smooth. Rinse and add peppercorns. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer until thickened. Whisk in resting juices from steak (see notes).
6. Toss dressing through salad. Divide among plates with cauliflower mash and steaks. Spoon over peppercorn sauce.
Use a flat whisk to make the sauce in the pan. Adding the resting juices to the peppercorn gravy will give extra flavour and colour.
No beef option - beef rump steak is replaced with chicken schnitzels. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Add 1 tsp dijon mustard or soy sauce to the sauce for added flavour.
Lebanese cucumber, 1
Celery, 2 sticks
Rocket leaves, 1/2 bag (100g) *
Spring onions, 1/3 bunch *
Beef rump steak, 600g
Green peppercorns, 1 jar (110g)
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, stock cube (1), flour (of choice), balsamic vinegar