2. Wedge onion. Cut pumpkin into 1cm thick pieces. Toss on a lined oven tray with tomatoes 2 tsp cumin, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
3. Zest the lemon, rub all over chicken along with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Place on a seperate tray to cook for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
4. Process basil leaves, pepita seeds and 1/2 lemon juice until coarsely blended. Add 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tbsp water, 1 tsp sugar and blend until smooth (add more water if needed). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Slice avocado. Toss with cooked rice, roast vegetables and 2 tbsp pesto.
6. Place mesclun leaves on plates. Divide the rice and vegetables among plates. Slice chicken and place on top. Spoon over remaining pesto and serve with any remaining lemon wedges.
Leave the skin on the pumpkin to save time and for added nutrition!
If you don’t have a small food processor you can toast the seeds instead, slice the basil and toss together with lemon juice and rice salad.
Red onion 1/2
Cherry tomatoes 1/2 punnet (200g)
chicken schnitzels 600g
basil 1 packet
Pepita seeds 1/2 packet (50g)
Mesclun leaves 1/2 bag (100g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, ground cumin, sugar (of choice)