2. Heat a large frypan with oil over medium heat. Slice spring onions and celery, dice carrots. Add to the pan as you go along with 1/2 packet sage (leaves), tomato paste, 1 stock cube and 1 cup water. Simmer, covered, for 7-8 minutes or until carrots have softened.
3. Heat another frypan over high heat. Add chicken strips and remaining picked sage leaves. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add drained barley to pan with vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Trim and thinly slice snow peas, drain and crumble feta cheese.
6. Divide barley into bowls, top with chicken strips, feta and snow peas to serve.
Add 2 cloves of crushed garlic if you have in your pantry, at step 2.
No gluten option - pearl barley is replaced with 300g arborio rice. Skip step 1 and add rice to pan once veggies are sautéed (step 2) along with 1-2 stock cubes. Boil the kettle and gradually add 3-4 cups hot water, 1 cup at the time and cook over medium heat until rice is tender and water absorbed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with toppings.
Spring onions, 1/2 bunch *
Celery sticks, 3
Sage, 1 packet
Tomato paste, 1 sachet
Chicken stir-fry strips, 300g
Snow peas, 1/2 packet (125g) *
Marinated feta cheese, 1/2 tub *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, chicken stock cube (1)