2. Roughly chop 1 tomato and crush garlic. Blend with half of the parmesan (40g), 1 tbsp vinegar and 4 tbsp olive oil until smooth, using a stick mixer. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Combine mince with remaining parmesan (40g) and finely chopped red onion. Season with pepper. Massage well and form into tablespoon sized balls.
4. Heat a large frypan with oil over medium-high heat. Brown meatballs all around then lower the heat and allow to cook to your liking.
5. Dice remaining 2 tomatoes, celery, capsicum and cucumber (see notes). Pick basil leaves.
Toss together in a large serving bowl with risoni and half of the tomato dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve meatballs with dressed risoni salad and extra dressing.
Keep salad vegetables, pasta and dressing separate if kids prefer! Cut celery and cucumber into sticks and serve on the side.
No beef option - beef mince is replaced with chicken mince. Use the chicken mince to form rissoles (as the chicken mince is not as firm as the beef mince). Increase cooking times as needed to ensure they are cooked through.
Gluten friendly option - risoni is replaced with GF pasta.
Tomatoes, 1 + 2
Garlic, 1 clove
Grated parmesan cheese, 2/3 packet (80g) *
Beef mince, 600g
Red onion, 1/4 *
Celery, 2 sticks
Yellow capsicum, 1
Lebanese Cucumber, 1
Basil, 1/2 packet *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Olive + oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, red or white wine vinegar