2. Roughly chop rinsed spinach. Slice onion and squash. Dice tomatoes and keep separate.
Dice chicken fillets. Set aside.
3. Heat frypan over medium heat with 1 tbsp oil. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until wilted. Remove from pan (see Step 5) and keep pan on heat.
4. Add chicken to pan along with 2 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp garam masala and 1/2 tbsp turmeric. Cook for 2-3 minutes until browned. Add pumpkin, squash and tinned tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until pumpkin is soft.
5. Blend cooked spinach and onion using a stick mixer or blender. Stir through the curry and season with salt and pepper.
6. Divide rice and curry among bowls. Top with diced tomato.
To rinse your spinach well, trim the roots and soak the leaves in water.
If you have natural yoghurt you can stir some through at the end for extra creaminess.
If you prefer to not blend the spinach you can roughly chop the leaves and stir through at the end instead.
brown rice 300g
Brown onion 1/2
yellow squash 3
Chicken thigh fillets 600g
Diced pumpkin 1/2 bag (500g)
Chopped tomatoes 400g
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, garam masala, ground turmeric