2. Thinly slice white ends of spring onions, lemongrass (see product spotlight) and coriander stems (reserve green tops of spring onions and coriander leaves). Grate ginger, zest lime and crush garlic. Combine all in a bowl.
3. Julienne or grate carrots, rinse and chop bok choy. Slice reserved green spring onion tops.
4. Combine 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce with juice from 1/2 lime. Wedge remaining.
5. Heat a wok or frypan over high heat. Add 2 tbsp sesame oil and lemongrass flavour base. Cook for 2 minutes then toss in prepared vegetables and noodles. Stir in sauce and heat through.
6. Finish Pad Thai with bean shoots and serve topped with crispy shallots, peanuts, reserved coriander leaves and lime wedges.
Add some sambal oelek or fresh chilli if you like a little heat.
Black bean noodles 2 packets
spring onions 1/2 bunch
coriander 1 bunch
garlic 2 cloves
bok choy 1 bunch
bean shoots 1 bag (250g)
Crispy shallots + peanut mix 1 packet (80g)
From your pantry:
sesame oil, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce