2. Combine 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1 tbsp tomato paste, 1/4 cup soy sauce and 3 tbsp oil in a bowl. Add crushed garlic cloves.
3. Slice spring onions into 3cm lengths. Trim and halve sugar snap peas. Slice carrot into crescents. Slice chilli and coriander. Wedge lemon. Keep separate.
4. Heat a frypan or wok over medium-high heat with 1/2 tbsp oil. Toss in spring onions, sugar snap peas, carrot and tempeh (wipe out sauce from packet). Cook, tossing, for 3-4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Toss in bean shoots.
5. Add noodles and sauce into frypan. Toss together until well coated. Season well with pepper.
6. Divide noodles between plates. Garnish with sliced chilli and coriander. Serve with lemon wedges.
If you need to loosen your noodles before adding to the stir-fry, rinse them under running water.
If preferred, use the whole packet of noodles and double the sauce.
garlic 2 cloves
spring onions 1/3 bunch
Sugar snap peas 1/2 punnet (125g)
red chilli 1
coriander 1 packet
sweet chilli tempeh 2 packets (2 x 200g)
bean shoots 1 bag (250g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), pepper, soy sauce (or tamari), sugar (of choice), tomato paste, rice wine vinegar