2. Zest 1 orange and combine with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Slash chicken and toss in marinade to coat. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken skin-side down for 8 minutes.
3. Turn chicken over and cook for a further 6 minutes. Halve or quarter mushrooms and add to pan. Cook for a further 4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and mushrooms are golden.
4. Remove and chop thyme leaves. Combine with 1 orange juice, crushed garlic, 3 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp red wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Thinly slice radishes. Trim and slice watercress. Slice or segment remaining orange.
6. Toss rice with half the dressing. Slice the chicken. Divide rice between plates and top with even amounts of chicken, mushrooms and prepared salad ingredients. Drizzle over remaining dressing to serve.
Wipe the mushrooms with a paper towel to clean them as they are quite absorbent.
Slashing the chicken helps to reduce the cooking time and also allows more of the marinade to cover the chicken.
chicken breast fillets 600g
thyme 1/2 packet
Garlic 1 clove
radishes 1/3 bunch
watercress 1 bunch
From your pantry:
olive oil (for cooking, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar