Gluten friendly option - pearly barley is replaced with buckwheat.
2. Trim and scrub beetroots. Cut into wedges and toss on a lined oven tray with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper.
3. Make 4-5 cuts along each chicken breast. Coat with orange zest, 1 tsp cumin and 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on oven tray with beetroot and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
4. Combine orange juice with 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 crushed garlic clove and 1 tbsp red wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Slice basil leaves. Deseed and dice capsicum. Gently toss together with baby leaves, pearl barley and beetroot.
6. Divide pearl barley salad between plates. Spoon over dressing to taste. Slice chicken and serve on top. Crumble over goats cheese to serve.
Set oven mode to grill for the last 2 minutes to get extra crispy skin.
Making cuts along the chicken breast will help it cook faster.
Gluten friendly option - pearl barley is replaced with buckwheat.
baby beetroots 1 bunch
Chicken breast fillets 600g
garlic 1 clove
Basil 1/3 bunch
yellow capsicum 1
Baby leaves & beetroot 1/3 bag (60g)
Goats cheese 1 packet
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, ground cumin, red wine vinegar