2. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Slice onion and add to pan.
3. Meanwhile, cut brussels sprouts in half lengthways. Add to pan with onion. Add crushed garlic and cook for 6-8 minutes until tender. Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
4. Coat steaks with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Reheat pan over high heat. Cook steaks for 3-4 minutes each side. Remove from pan and set aside to rest before slicing.
5. Halve the tomatoes and wedge avocado (into eighths). Set aside with sunflower sprouts.
6. Slice steak and divide among plates with salad and sprouts. Spoon over dressing to taste.
If you don’t have any seeded mustard you can use 1 tbsp dijon mustard instead.
No beef option - beef rump is replaced with chicken schnitzels. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
RED ONION, 1/2 *
BRUSSELS SPROUTS, 300g
GARLIC, 2 cloves
BEEF RUMP STEAKS, 600g
CHERRY TOMATOES, 1 bag (200g)
SUNFLOWER SPROUTS, 1 punnet
FROM YOUR PANTRY
olive oil + oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, dried oregano, red wine vinegar, seeded mustard