Thinly slice potatoes and toss with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper on a lined oven tray. Roast for 25 minutes, or until tender (see notes).
2. Finely chop basil leaves and roughly chop 1 tbsp parsley (see notes). Combine with 1 tbsp lemon juice, 3 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Halve and rub steaks with oil, salt and pepper. Cook in a heated frypan over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate to rest, smear with 2 tbsp mustard.
4. Trim and slice snow peas, cucumber, and pear. Ribbon carrots and toss together with mesclun leaves and half of the dressing (optional).
5. Crumble feta over potatoes as you remove the tray from the oven. Drizzle with remaining dressing to taste (or serve on the side).
6. Serve beef steaks with potatoes and side salad. Drizzle with any extra dressing.
The thinner you slice the potatoes the quicker it takes to cook in the oven. Cover potatoes with aluminium foil if needed.
Use a mild olive oil for the dressing if you have some.
Blend dressing if you prefer.
Basil 1 packet
parsley 1/3 bunch
Beef rump steaks 600g
Snow peas 1/2 punnet
Continental cucumber 1/2
Mesclun leaves 1/3 bag
Feta cheese 1/2 packet
From your pantry:
olive + oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, wholegrain mustard, sugar (of choice)