2. Trim and chop lettuce, halve tomatoes and slice cucumber. Arrange in a serving bowl, set aside. Chop chives.
3. Trim beans and place in a large frypan with 1/2 tbsp oil and 1-2 tbsp water (see notes). Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Set aside and keep pan over medium-high heat.
4. Rub steaks with oil and add to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a chopping board.
5. Combine 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp mustard and stripped thyme leaves (see notes) in a shallow bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Slice steaks when cool enough to handle (see notes). Toss in bowl with dressing.
6. Mash potatoes with 2-3 tbsp butter (or olive oil) and chives. Season well with salt and pepper.
Serve alongside steaks, beans and side salad.
Steam the beans on top of potatoes for 2 minutes if preferred.
Use thyme to taste. To quickly remove thyme leaves - place your fingers at the bottom of the stem, hold upside down and firmly slide the leaves down.
Leave steaks whole if you prefer and serve the dressing on the side.
Baby cos lettuce 1
Cherry tomatoes 1 punnet
Lebanese cucumber 1
Chives 1/2 bunch
Beef rump steaks 600g
Thyme 1/2 packet
From your pantry:
olive oil, oil + butter for cooking, salt, pepper, wholegrain/seeded mustard