Gluten-friendly option: pasta is replaced with GF pasta
2. Slice large gourmet mushrooms and separate smaller ones. Trim and slice asparagus. Crush garlic and remove thyme leaves. Slice hydrated mushrooms (reserve soaking liquid).
3. Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Cook pasta for 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, drain and rinse (see note). Return pasta to pot and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil.
4. Heat a frypan over medium heat with 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil. Add prepared vegetables to cook for 2 minutes . Stir in 2 tbsp mustard, 2 tsp flour, soaking liquid and reserved pasta water. Simmer for 2 minutes, or until thickened. Take off heat.
5. Toss drained pasta through sauce. Grate in parmesan (to taste) and squeeze in lemon juice. Toss until well coated and season with salt and pepper.
6. Divide pasta between bowls. Top with rocket and garnish with extra parmesan to serve.
Rinsing the pasta and tossing with olive oil after cooking will help prevent the strands from sticking together.
Gluten-Friendly option - replacement is GF lasagne sheets.
Slice into strips and cook as per recipe.
mixed gourmet mushrooms 1 punnet
asparagus 1 bunch
garlic 2 cloves
thyme 1/2 packet
pappardelle pasta 1 packet (500g)
parmesan cheese 1/2 block (75g)
rocket 1 bag (60g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, butter, dijon mustard, flour of choice