2. Dice onion and carrot. Add to frypan along with 1 tbsp oil and spice mix. Cook for 4-5 minutes until softened.
3. Pour in tomato sugo and 1/2 jar of water. Return meatballs to pan and simmer for 10-12 minutes until cooked through.
4. Heat frypan over medium-high heat. Trim and halve green beans and broccolini. Add to pan along with 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Set aside.
5. Place lupin, sultanas, crumbled stock cube and 1.5L boiled water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes. Strain, squeeze out excess water using a sieve (see notes). Fluff with a fork. Toss through thyme leaves and 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
6. Divide lupin evenly among plates. Top with meatballs and serve with side of greens.
The more water you squeeze out of the lupin, the fluffier it will be. Use the back of a wooden spoon to press it down in the sieve.
Use a good quality stock which is important for flavouring the lupin. Season to taste at the end.
Brown onion 1
Moroccan spice mix 1 packet (30g)
Tomato sugo 1 jar (350g)
Green beans 1/2 punnet (125g)
Broccolini 1 bunch
Lupin flakes 2 cups (240g)
Sultanas 1 packet (40g)
Thyme 1/3 packet
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking+ olive), salt, pepper, dried Italian herbs, stock cube (of choice)