Gluten friendly option - pasta is replaced with rice .
Place rice in a saucepan, cover with x 1.5 amount of water. Cover with a lid, cook on lowest heat for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Heat a large pan over medium high with 2 tbsp oil. Slice and add onion, cook for 4-5 minutes. Add crushed garlic, 2 tsp cumin, 2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp turmeric and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Slice eggplants and zucchini into thin rounds, add to pan as you go. Stir in apricots, tomatoes and 1 cup water. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. Rub steaks with oil, 1 tsp cumin, salt and pepper. Heat a griddle or frypan over high heat. Cook steaks for 1 minute each side or until cooked to your liking (see notes).
5. Add spinach and risoni to pan with vegetables and stir in 1 tsp honey. Toss gently to combine, allowing the spinach to wilt. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve grilled scallopini with Middle Eastern risoni.
Make sure your frypan is very hot prior to adding scallopini to cook. This is to ensure they brown and do not stew in the pan (making them tough).
Gluten friendly option - risoni is replaced with 300g brown rice.
Place rice in a saucepan, cover with plenty of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse.
Red onion 3/4
Garlic 2 cloves
baby eggplant 2
Dried apricots 1 packet (80g)
crushed tomatoes 400g
Beef scallopini 10-pack
Baby Spinach 1/2 bag (100g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, ground cumin, paprika, cinnamon + turmeric, honey