2. Place rice in a saucepan, cover with x 1.5 amount of water (see notes). Cover with a lid, cook on lowest heat for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat, stand for 5 minutes. Stir carefully with a fork.
3. Heat a large frypan with 1 tbsp oil over high heat. Add beef and cook (in batches) for 1-2 minutes, or until browned. Set aside, keep pan over medium heat and add 1/2 tbsp oil.
4. Chop and add onion to pan (see notes). Cook for 3 minutes then stir in 4 tbsp butter chicken paste. Cook for 1-2 minutes then add coconut milk and cherry tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Slice and add capsicum and spinach, cook for aild b further 5 minutes.
5. Return the beef to the curry and allow to warm through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve curry over rice. Top with cashew nuts and a dollop of yoghurt.
We used coconut oil for this dish however any neutral oil will work perfectly.
Add a couple of cardamom pods to the rice for a warm flavour!
Add any remaining pumpkin to this recipe. Dice (1cm) and add at the same time as the onion.
butter chicken paste 1 + 4 tbsp
basmati rice 300g
brown onion 1
coconut milk 400ml
cherry tomatoes 1 punnet
green capsicum 1
baby spinach 1/2 bag
cashew nuts 1/2 packet (50g)
natural yoghurt 1/2 cup
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper