2. Heat a large frypan with 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Slice spring onions (reserve green tops) and roughly grate carrots, add to pan with spice mix. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, or until fragrant.
3. Add beans (including the water). Simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered.
4. Combine grated lime zest, juice from 1/2 lime, crushed garlic and 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Toss through quinoa and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Slice avocado, quarter tomatoes and remove corn kernels from cob. Rinse and shred lettuce, slice reserved spring onion tops. Wedge remaining lime.
6. Lightly mash beans with a fork and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide quinoa between bowls. Top with beans and fresh toppings. Serve with lime wedges.
Serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt or sour cream if desired.
spring onions 1/3 bunch
mexican spice mix 1 packet (30g)
black beans 400g
kidney beans 400g
garlic 1 clove (small)
cherry tomatoes 1 punnet
corn cob 1
baby cos lettuce 1
From your pantry:
olive + oil (for cooking), salt, pepper