2. Add 3 tbsp spice mix and rice, stir to coat well. Pour in 3 cups water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse beans, add to rice and simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until rice is tender.
3. Dice avocado, remove corn kernels from cob and toss together with 2 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp vinegar.
4. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat. Rub chicken with oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
5. Pour in salsa and simmer for a further 3-4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
6. Adjust the seasoning of the rice with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange on a large platter, top with salsa chicken (slice if desired) and scatter over garnish and sprouts.
Rinse red rice before adding to the pan.
Celery 2 sticks
Mexican spice mix 1 packet (25g)
Red rice 300g
Black beans 400g
Corn cob 1
chicken schnitzels 600g
Salsa 1 jar
Alfalfa sprouts 1/3 punnet
From your pantry:
olive + oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, white wine vinegar