Gluten friendly option: pita breads are substituted with corn tortillas.
2. Stir in 3 tbsp (30g) Mexican spice mix, cook briefly then pour in crushed tomatoes. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Use a spoon to make 4-5 indents in the mince mixture, crack an egg into each indent. Cover pan with a lid. Cook for a further 5-7 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
4. Warm each pita bread for 30 secs on each side in a hot, dry pan. Place on kitchen towel as you go to keep them soft.
5. Dice capsicum and avocado, cut corn kernels from cob.
6. Sprinkle Mexican beef and eggs with garnish ingredients. Serve with pita breads.
We recommend using a frypan that measures approx 28cm. Use aluminium foil or an oven tray if you don't have a lid. Add in a few cloves of crushed garlic if you have some spare in the pantry!
Add some chilli to the spice mix or serve with your favourite hot sauce if you like some heat, alternatively add a dollop of natural yoghurt or sour cream!
Gluten friendly option - pita breads are replaced with corn tortillas.
Cook according to packet instructions.
beef mince 400g
mexican spice mix 30g
crushed tomatoes 2 x 400g
pita breads 1 packet
green capsicum 1
corn cob 1
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper