2. Line a baking tray and spread polenta to a 1-2 cm thickness. Top with grated parmesan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and crunchy on the top.
3. Heat a frypan with 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Slice and cook onion for 2 minutes. Halve cherry tomatoes and thinly slice kale leaves. Add to pan with 2 crushed garlic cloves, 2 tbsp tomato paste and remaining spice mix. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
4. Drain and add beans. Stir to combine, add 1 cup water and leave to simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Dice avocado and cucumber. Remove corn from the cob. Combine with lemon juice, 1/2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp chilli flakes and season with salt and pepper.
6. Slice polenta into triangles and serve with Mexican beans topped with salsa.
Polenta can also be served soft if preferred.
Mexican spice mix 1 packet
parmesan cheese 1/2 block
red onion 1/2
garlic 2 cloves
tomato paste 2tbsp
cherry tomatoes 1 punnet
kale 1/2 bunch
black beans 400g
kidney beans 400g
lebanese cucumber 1
corn cob 1
chilli flakes 1/2tsp