Chop onion and celery. Add to a large pan with 1 tbsp oil. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, or until softened. Crumble in 2 stock cubes.
2. Stir in pesto and rice, cook for another minute then add 1 cup hot water. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, and allow water to absorb before adding another cup of hot water. Repeat 2-3 times, or until rice is tender and water absorbed.
3. Dice tomatoes, chop parsley (2 tbsp) and crush garlic clove. Combine in a shallow bowl with 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tbsp vinegar, salt and pepper.
4. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat. Toss chicken strips with 1 tbsp oil and 1 tsp oregano. Cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through. Add straight to tomato salsa, toss to combine.
5. Trim, rinse and chop spinach. Stir into risotto along with bocconcini, until spinach is wilted and bocconcini is melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve risotto topped with marinated tomato and chicken salsa.
Keep the chicken and tomato salsa separate if preferred, chicken can be added to risotto if desired.
Spinach can be served fresh on the side if preferred.
Add garlic to risotto if you prefer it cooked.
celery 2 sticks
red pesto 1/3 jar
arborio rice 300g
parsley 1/3 bunch
chicken stir-fry strips 600g
english spinach 1 bunch
bocconcini 1/2 tub
From your pantry:
olive oil + oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, chicken / veg stock cubes (2), red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic (1 clove)