2. Peel and grate ginger, slice onion. Add to frypan with 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add curry leaves.
3. Dice paneer. Add to pan along with crushed garlic, 3 tbsp garam masala and 3 tsp cumin. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
4. Roughly chop tomatoes. Add to pan with crushed tomatoes. Pour in 2 cups of water, increase heat to medium-high and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Trim and thinly slice silverbeet leaves. Add to curry to simmer for 2 minutes, or until wilted.
6. Divide rice and curry between bowls. Chop coriander and scatter over top to serve (see notes).
Serve with a dollop of yoghurt if desired.
Brown onion 1
Curry leaves 2 fronds
Paneer 2 packets
Garlic 2 cloves
Crushed tomatoes 400g
silverbeet 1/2 bunch
coriander 1 packet
From your pantry:
butter, garam masala, ground cumin