2. Mix 1 chicken stock cube with 1 cup hot water, 1/2 tbsp cornflour, 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1/2 tbsp soy sauce and 1/2 tbsp honey to make the sauce. Set aside.
3. Add risoni to the saucepan with boiling water and cook according to packet instructions. Cut potatoes and carrots into rounds (1cm) and add to risoni for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water.
4. Peel and slice onion. Cut capsicum into strips and trim green beans.
5. Heat a large deep pan with 1 tbsp sesame oil. Cook beef in 3 batches (add more oil if needed) over high heat until just browned and nearly cooked through. Set aside in a bowl, keep pan over heat.
6. Add prepared vegetables and cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in risoni mix and beef. Pour in sauce and simmer for 2 minutes. Season to taste with extra soy sauce, honey and pepper.
When adding the beef back to the pan, make sure to tip in any resting juices.
Gluten Free option - replace with white rice. Place rice in a saucepan, cover with x 1.5 amount of water. Cover with lid, cook on lowest heat for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat, stand for 5 minutes. Stir carefully with a fork. Toss through marinated beef at the end or serve on the side.
soy sauce 1tbsp + 1/2 tbsp
garlic 1 clove
honey 1/2 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp
chicken stock cube 1
cornflour 1/2 tbsp
rice wine vinegar 1/2 tbsp
risoni pasta 200g
baby potatoes 400g
red capsicum 1
green beans 1 punnet (250g)
sesame oil 1tbsp
From your pantry: Oil, salt & pepper.