Dice pumpkin into 2cm pieces. Toss on a lined oven tray with 1 tbsp oil, 1 tsp fennel seeds, salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes until golden.
2. Crush 1 garlic clove. Whisk together with 2 1/2 tbsp vinegar, 1/3 cup olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Thinly shred kale leaves. Spoon half the dressing over the kale and use hands to scrunch the leaves until tender. Thinly slice radishes. Slice pear into matchsticks. Toss all together with cooked pumpkin (when ready) and remaining dressing.
4. Heat frypan over medium heat. Add coconut chips and toast for 4 minutes until golden. Remove and set aside.
5. Coat pork with 3 tsp smoked paprika, 2 tbsp maple syrup and 3 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Line frypan with baking paper (see notes) and heat over medium-high heat. Add pork and all the glaze to pan, cook for 4-5 minutes each side until cooked through.
6. Divide salad among plates and scatter over toasted coconut. Serve with pork steaks and pour over remaining glaze from pan.
- Scrunching the kale leaves will tenderise them, making them sweeter to eat.
- Cut a circle of baking paper to line the frypan. This will prevent the glaze from sticking to the pan.
- No pork option - pork steaks are replaced with chicken breast fillet. Slice chicken into shnitzels. Cook for same time as pork.
Kale 1/2 bunch *
Radishes 1/2 bunch *
Coconut chips 1/2 bag (50g) *
Pork steaks 600g
* Ingredient also used in another recipe
From your pantry:
Oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, smoked paprika, maple syrup, fennel seeds, red wine vinegar, garlic (1 clove)