Soak cashew mix in 1/3 cup water and 1 1/2 tbsp vinegar. Set aside.
2. Slice sweet potato into 1cm rounds. Toss on lined oven tray with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Roast (on seperate trays if needed) for 20-25 minutes until golden.
3. Dice capsicum and tomatoes. Roughly chop coriander. Toss together and set aside.
4. Dice onion. Add to frypan over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add 1/2 tsp dried thyme, 1 tbsp paprika, 1 1/2 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp oil and cook for 1 minute. Add drained beans, tomato paste and 1 cup water. Cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Blend cashew mix together until smooth using a stick mixer or blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Layer sweet potato evenly among plates. Top with beans, salsa and sour cream. Serve with mesclun leaves.
We prefer to keep the skins on the sweet potato for added fibre and potassium.
Dress the mesclun leaves with a little vinegar and olive oil if preferred.
Sweet potatoes 1kg
Yellow capsicum 1
Coriander 1 packet
Red onion 1/2
Adzuki beans 2 x 400g
Tomato paste 1/2 tub (70g)
Mesclun leaves 1 bag (200g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, smoked paprika, ground cumin, dried thyme