2. Chop dill and combine with grated lemon zest, juice from 1/2 lemon and 3 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roughly grate apple. Combine with remaining 1/2 lemon juice, 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Drain lentils and place in large bowl, mash with a fork. Mix in oats & sunflower seeds, crushed garlic, sliced basil leaves and 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper, combine well.
4. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat with 1/2 tbsp oil. Shape 1/4 cup measures of patty mixture with oiled hands and place into pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
5. Slice cucumber and sugar snap peas. Toss with baby kale, buckwheat and dill sauce.
6. Divide salad between plates, top with lentil patties and apple pickle to serve.
You can make the patties using a food processor if you have one. Be careful not to over process.`
dill 1 packet
lentils 2 x 400g
oats & sunflower seeds 1 packet (100g)
garlic 2 cloves
basil 1/3 bunch
continental cucumber 1/2
sugar snap peas 1/2 punnet (125g)
baby kale 1/2 bag (100g)
From your pantry:
olive + oil (for cooking), salt, pepper