2. Finely chop white end of lemongrass. Peel and grate ginger. Heat a frypan over medium heat with 2 tbsp oil. Sauté lemongrass and ginger for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
3. Add chicken to pan, cook for 4-5 minutes, or until browned. Stir in 2 tbsp fish sauce, pour in coconut milk and 1/4 cup water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Trim and slice snow peas in half. Ribbon daikon using a vegetable peeler.
5. Add snow peas to chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add lime zest and half the juice (wedge remaining). Season to taste with fish sauce.
6. Divide rice and chicken between bowls. Arrange ribboned daikon on the side. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and lime wedges.
Use coconut oil if possible for added flavour.
Lemongrass 1 stalk
chicken mince 600g
coconut milk 400ml
Snow peas 1/2 punnet (125g)
Mint 1/3 bunch
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), fish sauce (or soy sauce)