2. Stir in buckwheat, add crushed garlic cloves, crumble in 1 stock cube and pour in half the boiling water. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes. Add remaining water and simmer for further 10-15 minutes or until buckwheat is tender.
3. Meanwhile, wedge the fennels. Toss with thyme leaves, 1/2 tbsp oil, salt and pepper on a lined oven tray. Roast for 15-20 minutes until golden.
4. Scatter flaked almonds over fennel. Return to oven for 5 minutes until toasted.
5. Finely slice silverbeet leaves. Gently stir through risotto until wilted (see notes). Zest lemon (set aside) and squeeze in half the juice (wedge remaining) along with 2 tbsp cashew cheese. Add more water if needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Divide risotto, fennel and almonds among shallow bowls. Garnish with lemon zest. Serve with lemon wedges.
Stir the silverbeet into the risotto in batches so it doesn’t overcrowd the pan.
Celery, 2 sticks
Buckwheat, 1 packet (200g)
Garlic, 2 cloves
Thyme, 1/2 packet *
Flaked almonds, 1/2 packet (30g) *
Silverbeet, 1 bunch
Cashew cheese, 2 tbsp *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, stock cube (1), dried Italian herbs