No pork option - replacement is chicken breast fillet.
2. Stir in buckwheat, crumble in stock cubes and pour in half the boiling water. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes. Add remaining water and simmer for further 10-15 minutes or until buckwheat is tender.
3. Slice bacon and add to separate frypan over medium-high heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes until crispy. Remove to plate.
4. Halve mushrooms lengthways. Add 2 tbsp butter and 1 tsp dried tarragon to frypan. When butter is melted add mushrooms to cook for 3-4 minutes until golden. Take off heat.
5. Rinse and finely slice spinach, grate cheese. Gently stir through risotto along with bacon until spinach has wilted. Add more water if needed to loosen. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Finely chop sprouts. Divide risotto among plates. Top with mushrooms and scatter over sprouts. Garnish with extra parmesan cheese if needed.
Stir the risotto occasionally to release the extra starch from the buckwheat. This will result in a creamier texture.
No pork option - replacement is chicken breast fillet .
Dice the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook in a separate pan for 8-10 minutes until cooked through. Stir through at the end with spinach.
Celery 2 sticks
buckwheat 1 packet (200g)
bacon 1 packet (150g)
Baby king oyster mushrooms 1 packet (300g)
english spinach 1/2 bunch
Parmesan cheese 60g
Snow pea sprouts 1/2 punnet
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, butter, stock cubes of choice (2), dried tarragon