2. Heat a large frypan over high heat. Add lamb mince and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon. Drain excess liquid (if needed). Chop and add onion, garlic and cinnamon stick. Season with 1 tbsp turmeric and 1 tbsp cumin (see notes).
3. Grate (or dice) carrot, chop celery. Add to the pan as you go along with 1/3 cup water, currant & almond mix. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
4. In the meantime, dice radish, tomato and cucumber. Slice mint leaves. Toss in a bowl with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tbsp vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Toss cooked rice into pan, combine well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve lamb pilaff topped with salsa.
Use the rice tub to quickly measure up x 1.5 amount of water.
If you are cooking for young kids, start with half the amount of spices and add more to taste at step 5, if you want.
No lamb option - lamb mince is replaced with chicken mince. Add oil to the pan when browning.
Lamb mince, 600g
Brown onion, 1
Garlic, 2 cloves
Cinnamon, currants & almonds, 1 packet (60g)
Celery, 2 sticks
Radishes, 1/3 bunch *
Continental cucumber, 1/2 *
Mint, 1/2 bunch *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Olive oil, salt, pepper, ground turmeric + cumin, red wine vinegar, stock cube (of choice)