2. Combine 1 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp vinegar and 2 tsp miso paste with 1/4 cup water. Season with pepper and set aside.
3. Cut carrots into matchsticks. Slice spring onions and gai lan into 5cm lengths. Separate enoki mushrooms. Keep separate.
4. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tsp sesame oil. Add carrots to cook for 2-3 minutes, or until just tender. Remove and keep warm. Repeat with spring onions, gai lan and mushrooms separately. Keep pan over heat.
5. Crack eggs into pan and cook to your liking. Remove to a plate. Crumble tempeh into pan with 1 tbsp of prepared sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until warmed through.
6. Divide rice between bowls. Spoon over sauce, top with even amounts of vegetables and tempeh. Place egg on top and season with cracked pepper.
You can also use rice wine or apple cider vinegar for the sauce if preferred.
Add water to tempeh if needed.
Miso paste 2 tsp
Spring onions 1/3 bunch
Gai lan 1 bunch
Enoki mushrooms 1/2 punnet
Seasoned tempeh 2 packets (2 x 200g)
sesame oil, pepper, white wine vinegar