2. Place sesame seeds in a large dry frypan and toast until golden. Transfer to a small serving bowl. Keep pan over medium-high heat.
3. Add 1 tbsp oil and beef mince to frypan and cook, browning for 4-5 minutes. Slice spring onions, reserving some green tops for serving. Add to pan and cook for another 4-5 minuets until mince is dry. Season with black pepper.
4. Grate and add roughly 1 tbsp ginger along with 1 tbsp (brown) sugar and 2 tbsp soy sauce (see notes). Stir through bean shoots.
5. Julienne carrot and dice cucumber. Place in a bowl and take to the table.
6. Place everything at the table and allow everyone to assemble their own lettuce cups with beef mixture, spring onion tops, sesame seeds, carrot and cucumber.
- Add 2 crushed garlic cloves if you have or you can add 1 tsp Chinese five spice for a different flavour touch!
- No beef option - beef mince is replaced with chicken mince.
Sesame seeds 1/2 packet *
Beef mince 600g
Spring onions 1/2 bunch *
Bean shoots 1 bag
Continental cucumber 1/2 *
* Ingredient also used in another recipe
From your pantry:
Sesame oil (or other), pepper, (brown) sugar, soy sauce