2. Dice onion and grate 1 carrot. Sauté in a saucepan with 1 tbsp oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add 2 tsp curry powder, 1 tbsp flour and 1 stock cube. Stir in 2 cups water, simmer for 10 minutes, season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Slice remaining carrot into thin crescents. Roughly chop cucumber, coriander and sprouts. Toss together with 1/2 tbsp vinegar and 1/2 tbsp sesame oil. Set aside.
4. Crush the cornflakes to resemble a crumb. Coat fish with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Roll in cornflakes to coat.
5. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp oil. Cook fish for 3-4 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
6. Divide rice, fish and salad among plates. Spoon over sauce to taste.
Crush the cornflakes in a small food processor.
If you have rice wine vinegar in the pantry you can use that instead of apple cider.
No fish option - white fish fillets are replaced with chicken schnitzels. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Brown onion, 1/2 *
Continental cucumber, 1
Coriander, 1/2 packet *
Snow pea sprouts, 1/2 punnet *
Cornflakes, 1 packet (100g)
White fish fillets, 2 packets
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, stock cube (1), curry powder, flour (of choice), apple cider vinegar, sesame oil