2. Peel (or scrub) and dice carrots, parsnips and Jerusalem artichokes (roughly 2cm pieces). Add to the saucepan with stock as you go. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
3. Dice bacon and roughly chop walnuts. Heat frypan over medium-heat. Cook bacon for 2 minutes. Add walnuts and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until bacon is crispy. Drain on absorbent paper towel and wipe out pan.
4. Use a stick mixer to blend vegetables until smooth, or to desired consistency. Stir in 2-3 tbsp of desired dairy (optional). Bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more water if required.
5. Slice and toast ciabatta in frypan over high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil until golden (see notes).
6. Divide soup between bowls, top with sliced chives, bacon and walnuts and serve with bread.
Cut a garlic clove in half and rub the cut half over toasted bread for quick garlic bread.
No Pork option - replace pork with smoked turkey.
Gluten free option - replace with GF bread.
jerusalem artichokes 700g
bacon 1 packet
walnuts 1 packet
desired dairy 2-3 tbsp
wholemeal ciabatta 1 loaf
chives 1/4 bunch
From your pantry: Oil, salt & pepper