2. Separate lettuce leaves, place in a large bowl with water. Julienne (or grate) carrot and thinly slice green spring onion tops.
3. Add noodles to boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender but still firm.
4. Reheat the frypan over medium-high heat. Add oil (see notes) and chicken mince, cook for 3-4 minutes breaking up lumps. Grate ginger to yield 1 tbsp and slice remaining spring onions, add to pan. Season with 3 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp sugar.
5. Drain and chop water chestnuts to desired size. Toss into pan with noodles and combine well with chicken and sauces.
6. Serve chicken and noodles at the table for everyone to assemble their own lettuce cups and garnish with sesame seeds, julienned carrot and spring onions tops.
We used sesame oil for this dish for added flavour but any other neutral oil works fine too!
Add 2 crushed garlic cloves if you like.
Serve with some sliced fresh chilli, chilli paste or flakes if you like a bit of a kick!
Gem lettuce, 3-pack
Spring onions, 1/2 bunch *
Bean thread noodles, 1 packet (250g)
Chicken mince, 600g
Water chestnuts, 225g
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking), soy sauce, sugar (of choice)