2. Peel and grate ginger. Combine with 4 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp vinegar and 2 tsp sugar.
3. Cut chicken thighs into quarters and place in a bowl. Stir in 2 tbsp dressing to coat. Set aside in the fridge until time to cook.
4. Thinly slice the asian greens. Slice snow peas and julienne (or grate) carrot. Thinly slice mint. Toss together and set aside.
5. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp oil. Spread cornflour on a plate. Toss chicken in cornflour to coat. Cook (in batches) for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until crispy and cooked through. Drain on paper towel. *see notes
6. Divide rice and salad between plates. Stir 2 tbsp water into dressing and spoon over to taste. Serve with crispy chicken.
Use a neutral flavoured oil like vegetable or grapeseed oil to cook the chicken.
Use 1 pair of tongs for moving the marinated chicken to the cornflour and 1 pair for tossing in the cornflour. This will prevent any clumps of flour building up.
chicken thigh fillets 600g
Asian greens 1 bunch
Snow peas 1/2 punnet (125g)
Purple carrot 1
mint 1/3 bunch
Cornflour 1 packet (100g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), soy sauce, sugar, rice wine vinegar