Bring 1L water to the boil in a saucepan.
2. Slice and add leek, cook for 2 minutes. Add crushed garlic, tomatoes and stock cube. Cook for 5 minutes. Return meatballs and add stripped leaves from 1/4 packet thyme and olives to pan. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Roughly grate parmesan. Add 1/2 tsp salt to the boiling water then slowly pour in polenta, stirring. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until thickened. Add half of the grated parmesan and 1 tbsp butter. Stir well and keep warm.
4. Wash and tear lettuce, thinly slice apple, celery and carrot. Toss in a bowl
5. Whisk to combine lemon juice, stripped thyme leaves from remaining 1/4 packet, 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp honey, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Divide polenta between plates and top with meatballs, sauce and remaining parmesan. Serve with salad, drizzled with dressing.
Add olives into the salad if preferred.
garlic 2 cloves
crushed tomatoes 400g
Thyme 1/2 packet
olives 1/2 tub
polenta 1/2 packet
Parmesan cheese 1/2 block
baby cos lettuce 1
red apple 1
celery 2 sticks
stock cube (of choice) 1
honey 1/2 tsp
From your pantry: olive + oil & butter (for cooking), salt and pepper.