Gluten-friendly option: bread is replaced with GF bread.
2. Slice garlic, celery and fennel (reserve fronds). Add to pan along with 3 tbsp tomato paste, 2 tsp Italian herbs and 1 tsp fennel seeds. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables have softened.
3. Chop tomatoes, add to pan as you go. Pour in drained beans, 2 1/2 cups water and crumble in stock cube. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Slice the loaf 3/4 of the way through at 2cm intervals. Chop oregano and combine with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Smear mixture all over bread and into the cuts. Wrap in a large sheet of foil or baking paper, place in oven for 10 minutes.
5. Roughly chop reserved fennel fronds and stir through beans along with 1/4 cup olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Divide beans between plates, top with watercress and serve with oregano bread.
You can also toast individual slices of bread and spread with herb oil instead of cooking in the oven.
Gluten-friendly option - bread is replaced with GF bread.
garlic 2 cloves
celery 2 sticks
tomato paste 1 tub (140g)
Roma tomatoes 4
four bean mix 2 x 400g
5 seed loaf 1
fresh oregano 1 packet
watercress 1 sleeve
From your pantry:
olive oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, dried Italian herbs, fennel seeds, stock cube (1)