Gluten friendly option - pearl barley is replaced with quinoa.
2. Heat a frypan with 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Cook the sausages for 6-8 minutes, turning until browned all around and cooked through.
3. Heat another pan with 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Chop and add onion, sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Cut eggplants into rounds, chop capsicums and add to pan with thyme leaves. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
4. Dice and add Philadelphia cheese and 1/2 cup water. Stir until melted. Pour in tomato sugo and another 1/2 jar water. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in cooked barley, allow to simmer for a further 4-5 minutes.
Chop and stir in basil leaves and 1 tbsp vinegar, season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Divide barley stew between plates and top with sliced sausages to serve.
Slice and add sausages to stew if you prefer!
Gluten friendly option - pearl barley is replaced with quinoa
Beef sausages 6-pack
Red onion 1
Gourmet eggplants 2
Yellow capsicum 1
Red capsicum 1
Thyme 1/2 packet
Philadelphia cream cheese 1/3 block
Tomato sugo 1 jar
basil 1/2 packet
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar