No pork option - prosciutto is replaced with turkey.
Gluten friendly option - bread is replaced with GF bread
Heat a large pan with oil over medium heat. Slice onion and celery, chop broccoli. Add to the pan as you go and cook until softened. Add thyme leaves.
2. Pour in tomato sugo and 1/2 jar water. Allow to simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
3. Scatter ricotta over tomato base and carefully break the eggs over the top. Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
4. Mix 2 crushed garlic cloves with 3 tbsp butter (see notes) and chopped prosciutto. Halve bread lengthways and spread with the mixture. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes until golden and crispy.
5. Slice tomatoes and arrange on a platter with sliced basil leaves. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve the baked eggs at the table with toasted garlic bread and tomato salad.
Red Onion 1
Celery 2 Sticks
Broccoli 1/2 *
Thyme 1/2 Packet *
Tomato Sugo 1 Jar (500g)
Ricotta 1 Tub (250g)
Free-Range Eggs 6-Pack
Prosciutto 1 Packet
Ciabatta Loaf 1
Basil 1/3 Packet *
* Ingredient Also Used In Another Recipe
From your pantry:
olive oil, oil + butter (for cooking), salt, pepper, garlic (2 cloves)