2. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Dice and add chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes until browned. Remove to a plate, keep pan on heat.
3. Dice onion, celery and carrot. Add to pan as you go along with thyme leaves and bay leaf. Cook for 4-5 minutes until softened.
4. Stir in 3 tbsp flour and crumble in 1 1/2 stock cubes. Pour in 3 cups water and stir to combine. Return chicken to pan, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Shred the baby wombok and stir through the stew to wilt. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange potato slices over top to cover the stew (optional).
6. Divide stew with potato top among shallow bowls. Top with rocket leaves.
Slice the potatoes lengthways to give a larger surface area.
Stretch the dish out by adding other vegetables such as mushrooms and leek so you can have leftovers the next day!
Chicken thigh fillets, 600g
Brown onion, 1/2 *
Celery, 2 sticks
Thyme, 1/2 packet *
Bay leaf, 1
Baby wombok cabbage, 1/2 *
Rocket leaves, 1/2 bag (100g) *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, stock cubes (1 1/2), flour (of choice)