2. Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Dice onion, celery and carrot. Add to pan as you go along with thyme leaves and bay leaf. Cook for 4-5 minutes until softened.
3. Dice and add turnips. Stir in 3 tbsp flour and crumble in 1 1/2 stock cubes. Pour in 3 cups water and stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until root vegetables are soft.
4. Shred the baby wombok and drain beans. Cook in stew for 5 minutes until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Arrange potato slices over top to cover the stew (optional).
6. Divide stew with potato top among shallow bowls. Top with rocket leaves.
Slice the potatoes lengthways to give a larger surface area.
Stretch the dish out by adding other vegetables such as mushrooms and leek so you can have leftovers the next day!
Brown onion, 1/2 *
Celery, 2 sticks
Thyme, 1/2 packet *
Bay leaf, 1
Baby wombok cabbage, 1/2 *
White beans, 2 x 400g
Rocket leaves, 1/2 bag (100g) *
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, stock cube (1 1/2), flour (of choice)