2. Crush garlic and add to pan with 1 tbsp curry powder and 3 tbsp tomato paste. Fry for a further 2 minutes before adding lentils, 1.5 litres of water and vegetable stock cubes (2). Simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes.
3. Cut beans into 1cm pieces, remove corn from cob. Dice capsicum and tomatoes.
4. Add chopped vegetables and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Chop coriander and slice bread (toast if desired).
6. Serve soup with chopped coriander and bread on the side.
Reduce the amount of curry powder for a milder flavour. A spoonful of yoghurt is delicious on top when serving.
Gluten free option - replace with gluten free bread
garlic 2 cloves
red lentils 250g
curry powder 1tbsp
tomato paste 3tbsp
stock cubes 2
green beans 1/2 punnet
corn cob 1
red capsicum 1
coriander 1/2 packet
turmeric bread 3/4 loaf
From your pantry: oil, salt & pepper,