2. Whisk together 3 tsp horseradish cream, 3 tbsp vinegar, 1 1/2 tsp sugar and 3 tbsp olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Slice apples into matchsticks (see notes). Slice celery and halve snow pea sprouts. Pick the mint leaves. Toss with beetroot, quinoa and half the dressing. Set aside in fridge until serving.
4. Heat a frypan over high heat. Coat steaks with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Cook
steaks for 3-4 minutes each side or to your liking. Set aside to rest before slicing.
5. Serve salad and sliced steak at the table with remaining horseradish dressing.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice or sprinkle some vinegar over the cut apple to prevent it from going brown.
- If you don’t have horseradish cream you could also use wholegrain or dijon mustard.
- No beef option - beef rump is replaced with chicken schnitzels. Increase cooking time to 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Green apples 2
Celery 1 stick
Snow pea sprouts 1/2 punnet *
Mint 1/2 bunch *
Shredded beetroot 1 bag (200g)
Beef rump steaks 600g
* Ingredient also used in another recipe
FROM YOUR PANTRY:
Oil (for cooking + olive), salt, pepper, horseradish cream, white wine vinegar, sugar (of choice)