Gluten-friendly option: pasta is replaced with gluten free pasta
2. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook risoni according to packet instructions, or until al dente. Trim and halve asparagus lengthways. Add to cooking water for the last 2 minutes. Drain and rinse.
3. Blend avocado, 1/2 packet basil leaves, garlic, 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, 4 tbsp water and 2 tbsp olive oil until smooth using a small processor or stick mixer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Trim and quarter strawberries, halve cherry tomatoes and cut carrots into thin rounds. Pick remaining basil leaves and tear if needed.
5. Toss risoni, asparagus, strawberries and cherry tomatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange on a serving platter.
6. Serve honey mustard chicken with strawberry salad. Drizzle with avocado dressing to taste.
Marinate drumsticks overnight for quicker cooking and more flavour!
We use dijon mustard for this recipe.
Gluten-friendly option: risoni is replaced with GF pasta
chicken drumsticks 8
risoni pasta 1/2 packet (250g)
asparagus 1 bunch
basil 1 packet
garlic 1 clove
strawberries 1 punnet
cherry tomatoes 1 punnet
purple carrots 2
From your pantry:
olive + oil (for cooking), salt, pepper, honey, mustard (dijon or wholegrain), soy sauce