Dice beetroots, trim baby carrots and wedge parsnips (lengthways). Toss with 1 tbsp oil, 1/4 packet thyme sprigs, salt and pepper on a lined oven tray. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
2. Heat a saucepan with 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Peel, chop and add shallot, sauté for 3 minutes or until softened. Add 1 cup water, 1 stock cube, 2 tbsp honey and juice from 2 lemons. Simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced by half (see notes).
3. Heat a large griddle or frypan over high heat. Rub chicken schnitzels with thyme leaves (roughly 2 tbsp), oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to you liking. Set aside on a serving platter.
4. Rinse and chop lettuce, slice radishes (see notes) and apple. Toss together with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
5. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper, pour over the chicken schnitzels.
6. Serve chicken schnitzels and sauce with roasted vegetables and crunchy apple salad.
Add squeezed lemon halves to oven tray for roasting.
Sometimes the radish flavour can be a bit ‘strong’. You can slice radishes and place in a bowl of water for 10-15 minutes prior to serving if this is the case.
Baby carrots 1 bunch
Thyme 1/2 packet
Chicken schnitzels 600g
Festival lettuce 1/2
Radishes 1/3 bunch
Red apple 1
From your pantry:
olive oil, oil + butter for cooking, salt, pepper, chicken stock cube, honey