Cut sweet potatoes into rounds (see notes) and red onion into wedges. Toss with oil, salt and pepper on a lined oven tray. Roast in the upper part of the oven for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
2. Pick mint leaves (see notes).
3. Combine 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
4. Heat a large frypan with oil over high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn, adding 2 tbsp honey and juice from 1/2 lemon. Cook for further 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally or until chicken is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Layer the roasted sweet potatoes and red onion with mint leaves, crumbled feta cheese and olives on a platter.
6. Serve honey lemon chicken schnitzels with sweet potato salad, dressing and remaining lemon cut into wedges.
Red onion 1
Mint 1 bunch
Chicken schnitzels 600g
Feta cheese 1/2 block *
Green olives (sliced) 1/2 jar *
* Ingredient also used in another recipe
From your pantry:
olive + oil for cooking, salt, pepper, red or white wine vinegar, honey, dried oregano
The thinner you cut the sweet potatoes the quicker they cook. We cut the sweet potatoes into roughly 1/2 cm rounds.
Picking mint leaves is the perfect job to delegate to little people in the kitchen!