2. Peel and grate ginger. Combine with 1/4 cup hoisin sauce, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1/4 cup water and 1 tbsp oil.
3. Peel and slice garlic. Slice kale leaves. Trim asian greens and cut in thirds, lengthways. Drain and slice water chestnuts. Set aside with bean shoots.
4. Heat a frypan over high heat with 1 tbsp oil. Slice tofu and add to pan. Cook, tossing, for 2 minutes, or until warmed through. Remove to a plate.
5. Add garlic, kale and asian greens to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until wilted. Return tofu to pan. Toss through sauce, water chestnuts and half the bean shoots. Cook for 30 seconds, or until warmed through. Season well with pepper.
6. Divide rice and tofu stir fry between plates. Top with remaining fresh bean shoots and sprinkle with chilli flakes (to taste).
To store your bean shoots, place them in bowl and cover with water. Add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice, stir to combine and cover.
garlic 2 cloves
kale 1/3 bunch
Asian greens 1 bunch
Water chestnuts 230g
Bean shoots 1 bag (250g)
seasoned tofu 2 packets (400g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), pepper, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chilli flakes (optional)