2. Peel and grate ginger. Combine with 1/3 cup hoisin sauce, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1/4 cup water and 2 tbsp oil. Toss 2 tbsp sauce over beef to marinate. Set aside.
3. Peel and slice garlic. Slice kale leaves. Trim asian greens and cut in thirds, lengthways. Drain and slice water chestnuts. Set aside with bean shoots.
4. Heat a frypan over high heat with 1/2 tbsp oil. Add beef to pan and cook, tossing, for 3 minutes, or until browned. Remove to a plate.
5. Add garlic, kale and asian greens to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until wilted. Return beef to pan. Toss through sauce, water chestnuts and half the bean shoots. Cook for 30 seconds, or until warmed through. Season well with pepper.
6. Divide rice and beef stir fry between plates. Top with remaining fresh bean shoots and sprinkle with chilli flakes (to taste).
You can substitute hoisin sauce with oyster sauce.
To store your bean shoots, place them in bowl and cover with water. Add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice, stir to combine and cover.
Beef strips 600g
garlic 2 cloves
kale 1/3 bunch
Asian greens 1 bunch
Water chestnuts 230g
Bean shoots 1 bag (250g)
From your pantry:
oil (for cooking), pepper, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chilli flakes (optional)